Obtaining a Copy of your Federal Tax Return

There are many occasions when you need a copy of your filed tax return, for example, when applying for a loan, or taking out a mortgage on a property. If the IRS make any inquiries you will also need this information to hand. If you cannot find the return in question, you can ask the IRS to send you a copy (or transcript) of the relevant information. Here’s how it works - 1) Transcripts … [Read more...]

Eight Things You Need To Know If You Receive An IRS Tax Notice

Eight Things You Need To Know If You Receive An IRS Tax Notice: Getting a notice from the IRS can cause panic. But don’t worry. Every single year millions of these notices are sent out to taxpayers. Here are the guidelines for what to do. 1. Keep your head on your shoulders. A large portion of IRS letters can be dealt with very easily. 2. Most IRS notices are extremely specific. They … [Read more...]

A Warning to All Americans Living Abroad

There has been a new law enacted by the IRS that is putting a heavy burden on American’s living abroad. If you are an American living abroad, whether you are a citizen or a green card holder, you are to file your tax form on April 15, 2012. This new IRS ruling results from a FATCA law that also require you to use Form 8938,  where you will list down all your foreign stocks, … [Read more...]